Friday, June 11, 2010

Oooh! New Paintings by SVCF artist Becky Jokela


Check out these new paintings by SVCF artist, Becky Jokela. Becky is a long-time participant at the craft fair. Additionally her work appears in galleries and other shows around Minnesota.

Stop by her booth at the fair on October 2nd or October 3rd to see her work in person and chat with the artist. Becky is as warm and lovely as her paintings! Original paintings are for sale; there are also lots of affordable prints and beautiful cards as well.




Becky Jokela
Artist’s Statement


I live on a farm overlooking Sogn Valley near Cannon Falls, Minnesota. I love my surroundings and am inspired by nature and the changing seasons.
Painting outdoors, en plein air, is my favorite approach. I’m in the fresh air~ I can take my easel on a trip to the lake or park or on a hike to a hilltop vista. Maybe best of all is when I paint the barn or the maple tree in my own back yard.
Why pastels? The intense colors capture the richness of the natural world.

Biography
Becky Jokela has been teaching art to Zumbrota-Mazeppa high school and elementary students since 1985. She began studying art at the University of Oregon and later graduated with a degree in Art Education from the University of Minnesota.

2 comments: